Here are a few tips all Internet users can leverage to practice cyber security during National Cyber Security Awareness Month and throughout the year:
- Set strong passwords and don’t share them with anyone.
- Keep your operating system, browser, and other critical software optimized by installing updates.
- Maintain an open dialogue with your family, friends, and community about Internet safety.
- Limit the amount of personal information you post online and use privacy settings to avoid sharing information widely.
- Be cautious about what you receive or read online—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Stay Safe Online has several tools for parents to promote safety online to share with your Students.